2 Sliced sour dough bread
1T Bacon fat*
4oz Miami Smokers Sweet Ham**
3 slice Switzerland Swiss or Emental
1t Miami Smokers Beer Mustard ***
1 Farm egg
- Butter the bread with bacon fat or butter (preferably bacon fat) and toast on both sides.
- When you flip the bread, cut a hole in one slice with a pastry ring. Crack your egg into the void. On the second slice spread the mustard thinly and add two slices of cheese
- Quickly sear the ham on the plancha.
- Flip the egg when the when the bottom side is toasted and the egg whites are almost set.
- Once flipped spread béchamel and once slice of cheese. Top with ham in a pile.
- When egg white is totally cooked and yolk is still runny (1-2min after previous step) top with second bread and cheese, flip, and serve….
*can be replaced with butter, but bacon fat is better
***if you’re not lucky enough to have it, a whole grain mustard will work
****béchamel is a classic mother sauce, and the basis for Mac & Cheese. You should learn to make it